The Prayer of the Craft
- Almighty God, Maker of all things, Judge of all men;
- Strengthen our Faith.
- Give us confidence in our Hope for all that is good
- and let our Charity extend to the end our our days.
- Help us to aid, support
- and protect each other;
- Unite in our Craft men
- of every country, sect and opinion;
- Conciliate true friendship among us
- that Brotherly Love may prevail;
- Provide Relief to all those in trouble, sorrow,
- need, sickness or any other distress;
- especially to the Brother whose name we now speak in our hearts; and
- Guide our conduct in the way of Truth.
- Moderate our affections and passions
- that we may avoid intemperance or excess;
- Strengthen us that we may face with courage
- the pain, peril and danger that is a part of life;
- Teach us to regulate our lives and conduct
- agreeable to the dictates of reason
- that we may wisely judge
- and prudentially determine on all things;
- Enable us to render unto each man
- his just due without distinction
- that we may strengthen
- the social fabric of our communities; and
- Teach us limit our desires in every way
- that we may rise by merit,
- live respected, die regretted
- and, in the fullness of time, serve Thee
- before Thy throne in the Celestial Lodge above.
- All this we ask in Thy Holy Name.
By Brother Wayne T. Adams, PGM of Maine,
published in the Maine Mason magazine, c.March 2005
and shared here with permission.