Table of Contents
Worshipful Brother DeLong is a member of the Craft in my own grand
jurisdiction. He has been most active on membership committees for various concordant bodies of Maine and is
a most valued worker in the quarries. The 'strife' he refers to indeed puzzles us all at some point in our
- I am a Master Mason who:
- Became a York Rite Mason
- who supports the Templar Eye Foundation!
- Became a Scottish Rite Mason
- who supports the Children's Learning Centers!
- Became a Shrine Mason
- who supports the Shriners Hospitals for Children!
- Became puzzled when hearing some strife
- between a few fraternal brothers,
- Who did not realize the real picture
- of our fraternal philanthropies of all Masons!
- Such distress I had seeing this, until
- I saw a friend's child touched by this compassion
- Of Masons all who gave of themselves
- in time and dollar, did I realize
- That we all not only meet on the level,
- but give with fervent passion!
A Sigh of Relief
As my last act as Master,
I walked out of the lodge in procession.
My heart was beating faster!
Many thoughts were racing in my mind!
Did I fulfill my oaths the previous installation?
Or did I let my brethren down in humiliation.
As I re-entered the lodge to seat myself,
My growing emotions were taking over.
Suddenly it dawned on me when I observed,
My previous officers take their solumn vows,
To support their Lodge and Master.
That without their help, I would have served with disaster!
At that very moment, I shed that feeling of conceit,
And finally relaxed and heaved a sigh of relief!
Email dutch @ ainop.com